- Artist Disillusionment: After getting into a particularly nasty Flame War with a video game journalist (Marcus Beer of GameTrailers and Annoyed Gamer), Fish basically said "Screw This, I'm Outta Here!" and permanently canceled the planned Fez 2, citing that he was tired of having to deal with the constant verbal attacks and criticism against him.
"im done. FEZ II is canceled. goodbye."
- Creator Breakdown: Fish has clashed with multiple outlets ultimately leading to his decision not to make a sequel for now.
- Dear Negative Reader: The above incident and the several others afterwards. Fish quickly became one of the most despised game developers in the industry.
- Doing It for the Art
- Urban Legend of Zelda: Before release the game was described as built upon this, still no one expected how far that went.
- What Could Have Been: Fez II, development for the game was starting, but after Phil Fish's debated Creator Breakdown, the game was cancelled and Fish has angrily denied the fact the game is going to continue. Worse is Fish left the gaming industry following the backlash.