Trivia: Father of the Pride
- Actor Allusion: One episode featured a passing joke about Burt Reynolds, with one character mentioning his "broad shoulders and manly hands." Said character was voiced by Dom De Luise, who famously made several films with Reynolds.
- All-Star Cast: As with most Dreamworks projects, this was one of it's selling points. Aside from John Goodman, Carl Reiner and Cheryl Hines in the leads, nearly every guest star is at least an A-Minus-list celebrity.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: For starters, the father is voiced by John Goodman. Who first shot to fame as the father in Roseanne.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: When the DVDs are popping up at Big Lots, that's a sure sign that they ain't in print anymore.
- Subverted; the series is now on Netflix.
- Dear Latin America and Germany, we have failed to find the voice cast!
- Old Shame: DreamWorks like to forget this show never happened, to the point that their website lists "Penguins of Madagascar" as their first TV series!
- Out of Order: The episode where Sarmoti first moves in with Larry and Kate was the second to last episode aired! Of corse the show was canceled by that point, so...
- Schedule Slip: The show went on a weeks-long hiatus after "One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Girlfriend" aired due to low ratings. By the time three of the last five episodes were aired in a single night in mid-December, it has been canceled.