Trivia: Father of the Pride
- Actor Allusion: One episode featured a passing joke about Burt Reynolds, with one character mentioning his "broad shoulders and manly hands." Said character was voiced by Dom De Luise, who famously made several films with Reynolds.
- All-Star Cast: As with most Dreamworks projects, this was one of it's selling points. Aside from John Goodman, Carl Reiner and Cheryl Hines in the leads, nearly every guest star is at least an A-Minus-list celebrity.
- Genre-Killer: This show killed off the potential for computer-animated shows for adults, which is now strictly seen as a format for family entertainment while the more "adult" fare is almost always 2D animation.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: For starters, the father is voiced by John Goodman. Who first shot to fame as the father in Roseanne.
- Old Shame: DreamWorks likes to forget this show ever happened, to the point that their website lists Penguins of Madagascar as their first TV series!
- Out of Order: The episode where Sarmoti first moves in with Larry and Kate was the second to last episode aired! Of course the show was canceled by that point, so...
- Schedule Slip: The show went on a weeks-long hiatus after "One Man's Meat Is Another Man's Girlfriend" aired due to low ratings. By the time three of the last five episodes were aired in a single night in mid-December, it had been canceled.
- What Could Have Been: Another network was interested in picking up the show for a smaller budget and with some creative changes a year after it was canceled. but nothing came of it.