Trivia: Fat Slags
- Casting Gag: Hard to say whether it was intentional or not, but Paige's weight gain subplot carries an extra layer of subtext when you consider that back in her Spice Girls days, Geri Halliwell wasn't exactly fat per se, but definitely on the curvier side. After quitting the group she lost a lot of weight and has generally been quite skinny since then.
- Creator Backlash / Disowned Adaptation: The artist who originally created and drew the strip in Viz hated the film so much that he briefly lost the will to draw the comic (and had to be replaced in the meantime). Viz themselves railed on it.
- Creator Breakdown: The film temporarily killed the original comic writer's drive to carry on the series.
- Creator Killer: Previously William Osborne had been a prolific screenwriter (most notably on Twins and The Scorpion King). Thanks to this movie and the almost-as-despised live-action movie of Thunderbirds (released a few months previously), he hasn't worked on anything since.
- Franchise Killer: ...or so one would believe from news reports at the time. It was claimed that their creator was so dismayed with the quality of the film (which Viz had no involvement with, having sold off the rights years previously), that he was going to cancel the strip (like so). However, it later turned out that this had been misreported, and it wasn't cancelled.
- God Does Not Own This World: Viz had no executive control over the output.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Dolph Lundgren appears as Randy.