Trivia: Fafner in the Azure: Dead Aggressor
- Executive Meddling: Oddly, in the favor of the show. The first 11 episodes are generally considered the worst part of the franchise, with none of the characters being particularly interesting or sympathetic. Then the studio replaced the writer at the time with Tow Ubukata, upon which point everything from the characters to dialogue to world-building were massively improved. It was praised enough that Ubukata has been in charge of writing everything (except for the short-lived manga) Fafner-related since.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In English, male and female leads Kazuki and Maya being a potential couple shouldn't be too much of a surprise, given all the other works they've played.
- The Other Darrin: Funimation replaced the entire cast (except Stephanie Sheh, which surprisingly credited her role under her Jennifer Sekiguchi pesudonym) with their regulars. Yes, even Johnny Yong Bosch's role as Kazuki (who he normally works with Funimation to either reprise his old roles or get new ones) was replaced by someone else. Guess who that someone else is.
- Considering the release dates, the 2nd season of Strike Witches was likely recorded around the same time as the Fafner movie, and Stephanie Sheh plays a main character in Strike Witches, so that's probably why they were able to bring Sheh back. Also, Sheh was credited as Jennifer Sekiguchi for that dub, and JYB as "Kevin Hatcher".
- Shout-Out - Sakura in the Mark Drei pulls out a "Fafner Finger" attack for one episode.
- Super Robot Wars: Appears in SRW K. One of the more complex secrets in this game is making sure everyone in this series lives.
- It returns in Super Robot Wars UX, which also debuts The Movie, Heaven and Earth. The Fafner plot in UX is notable for two things: Gundam Seed Destiny's Shinn Asuka practically becoming an honorary member of the Fafnir cast, and Shouko Hazama's Heroic Sacrifice taking her to the world of Byston Well (from Aura Battler Dunbine/The Wings of Rean). Shouko even becomes known as an Aura Battler!