Trivia: Even Stevens
- Actor Allusion / Hey, It's That Guy!: Gary LeRoi Gray, who played Ren's Black and Nerdy friend Nelson during Season 2, was Nelson Tibideaux, the grandson of Cliff Huxtable, as a toddler near the end of The Cosby Show's run.
- Channel Hop: Unusually for a Disney Channel Original Series, this was not shown on the UK Disney Channel (unlike The Movie), getting shown on Children's BBC and later ITV.
- Dawson Casting: Applies to the entire cast, but especially egregious with Donnie, a star athlete in high school played by an actor in his mid-twenties. Also, Ren was in middle school but was quite clearly of high school age (one possible reason why is explained below). Especially with Shia LaBeouf in the season one finale which used footage from the pilot as a flashback. also see Development Hell below.
- Development Hell: The series started out as a show called "Spivey's Kid Brother" with Spivey as the family surname and had its pilot shot in late 1997 before spending the next two years waiting to get picked up, resulting in Christy Romano ended up a borderline Dawson Casting example (as well as the Spivey last name having to have been dubbed out of the first episode with Stevens). Watch the season one finale as it used footage from the pilot. The two years the show was in Development Hell show especially with Shia LaBeouf as he looks years younger in the Flashback scenes that the pilot was used as, even more noticeable is that the flashback takes place only months before.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: As of 2010, the show is no longer aired on TV, and almost none of the episodes have been released on DVD, except for the Hanukkah episode.