Trivia: Evan Almighty
- Actor Allusion / Celebrity Paradox: When Evan is driving to work after having met God, he passes a movie theater, which is showing The Forty Year Old Virgin Mary.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $175 million. Box office, $100,462,298 (domestic), $173,418,781 (worldwide).
- Creator Killer: The massive failure of the movie torpedoed the careers of director Tom Shadyac and screenwriter Steve Oedekerk; the former quit Hollywood altogether, note while the latter hasn't worked on another film since, instead working on children's TV shows.
- Franchise Killer: Crushed any ideas of continuing the "Almighty" film series after two movies.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Anyone notice that before hooking up with the DEA, Hank Schrader was a beat cop?
- Hey, Evan is married to Lorelai Gilmore!
- Hey, It's That Voice!: That overweight middle aged mail lady who has the misfortune of seeing Evan naked? She's Maile Flannegan, aka Naruto.
- What Could Have Been: Production did express interest in getting Jim Carrey back to make this a direct sequel; however, Carrey doesn't like reprising his roles.
- According to Steve Carell, Jim Carrey was interested in doing a cameo, and suggested a gag where Bruce sees news footage of Evan building the Ark. Bruce would then look upward (as if wondering if God has something to do with this), before dismissing it, and saying, "Naaah, couldn't be!" The cameo ended up not happening, because studio execs felt, if Jim was going to be in the sequel in any capacity, then he should actually star in it instead of Carell. Carrey, not wanting Carell fired, backed off.