Trivia: Evan Almighty
- Actor Allusion / Celebrity Paradox: When Evan is driving to work after having met God, he passes a movie theater, which is showing The Forty Year Old Virgin Mary.
- Creator Killer: The massive failure of the movie torpedoed the careers of director Tom Shadyac and screenwriter Steve Oedekerk; the former quit Hollywood altogether, note while the latter hasn't worked on another film since, instead working on children's TV shows.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Anyone notice that before hooking up with the DEA, Hank Schrader was a beat cop?
- Hey, Evan is married to Lorelai Gilmore!
- Hey, It's That Voice!: That overweight middle aged mail lady who has the misfortune of seeing Evan naked? She's Maile Flannegan, aka Naruto.
- What Could Have Been: Production did express interest in getting Jim Carrey back to make this a direct sequel; however, Carrey doesn't like reprising his roles.