Trivia: Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
- Breakaway Pop Hit: While the special has rarely been seen on TV since 2003 or so (though the Kermit-less version has seen DVD release in recent years), with
ABC FamilyFreeform being the first North American network since Canada's YTV to air it (albeit with Digital Destruction), the song "When The River Meets The Sea" is still fairly recognizable to those unfamiliar with the special itself (thanks to John Denver's version).
- Deleted Scene: The scene where Emmet and Alice go sliding is cut from the ABC Family airings.
- Executive Meddling: Due to Disney buying the Muppets, the Jim Henson Company had to edit out Kermit when they released the special on home video. The uncut version wasn't seen until ABC Family decided to "air" the special as part of The 25 Days of Christmas.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Emmet's voice actor is Jerry Nelson, best known as Gobo on Fraggle Rock and The Count on Sesame Street (after Jerry passed away he was constantly linked to the latter).
- Hey, It's Those Authors: Russell and Lilian Hoban, the authors of the original book are perhaps better known for the "Frances the Badger" series of booksnote . Those who know Hoban best by his works aimed at adults or The Mouse and His Child are often startled to realize it's the same author.