- Sequel Gap: Eighteen years between The Farthest Shore and Tehanu.
- What Could Have Been...: She was herself very keen on a planned adaptation by Michael Powell (director of A Matter of Life and Death) whose films she admired and believed that his vision aligned with hers. She co-wrote the screenplay with Powell and regretted it when it didn't get funding. The screenplay has been published but is now out of print.
SciFi Channel miniseries
- Billing Displacement: Amanda Tapping is credited among the other major actors, but her actual screentime is literally under ten seconds.
- Disowned Adaptation: Ursula K. Le Guin loathed the miniseries.
- Romance on the Set: Mark Hildreth (Jasper) and Kristin Kreuk (Tenar).