Earth 2 the Series
- Screwed by the Network: The higher-ups didn't like having a female lead. They wanted the show to have more action and more sci-fi and fantasy elements. They wanted the show to appeal to a younger audience. Details for the second season included replacing Devon Adair with a new, male lead, and replacing Yale with a teenage cyborg character. Episode ideas included finding an ancient city and an alien spaceship on the planet.
- What Could Have Been: There were plans to heavily retool the show to try and get a larger audience, and to satiate the network executives. Morgan would have been killed so as to give Bess, Morgan's wife, regular sex and romance plotlines, Yale would have died and replaced with a cyborg teenager. Alonzo would have gained super strength from the planet somehow, Devon would have stopped being the leader, and instead a male sheriff-like lead would be in charge. Most importantly, "Gone would be the continuing story arcs and the esoteric concepts"
Earth 2 the Comic Book
- What Could Have Been:
- James Robinson was planning on giving Red Arrow's real name as Roy McQueen (an apparent combination of "Roy Harper" and "Oliver Queen", the original Red and Green Arrows respectively), but after Robinson left the book, Tom Taylor settled on Connor Hawke (Green Arrow I's son and the pre-New 52 Green Arrow II).
- The plans for the post-Tower of Fate arc included the introduction of Dr. Mid-Nite and Wildcat.
- Artist Joe Prado had redesigned other Earth-2 related characters, such as Jonni Thunder and her Thunderbolt, Airwave, and Brainwave, but the designs were never used. Interestingly, Jonni Thunder appeared to be a combination of the original, male Johnny Thunder, the private detective Jonni Thunder, and J.J. Thunder.