Trivia: Duck Hunt
- Dueling Games: With Sega's Safari Hunt on the Master System.
- Executive Meddling: The game exists in part to give the Zapper a reason to exist, to convince US toy chains still smarting from The Great Videogame Crash Of 1983 that the NES was something different that they had to have.
- Fan Nickname: "Mr. Peepers" is becoming an increasingly popular nickname for the dog after a disputedly apocryphalnote account of his designer calling him that, though some prefer to keep him as The Nameless. Even Super Smash Bros. doesn't have an official name for him.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Aside from emulation, the game was never available outside its original cartridge form for nearly 30 years. However, in November of 2014, it was announced that it would be re-released on the Wii U's Virtual Console.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: Being able to shoot the dog.
- This is actually possible in the bonus stage of the arcade version, Vs. Duck Hunt, where the dog leaps about as a distraction while flushing out the ducks.
- Naturally, it is also possible in Fan Remakes and parodies, like i-mockery.com's version.
- The dog can also be shot in the game Barker Bill's Trick Shooting, but doing so accrues a penalty. Some would consider the penalty Worth It.
- And if you can't get to any of that stuff, give this song a listen.