Trivia: Drive (Film)
- Fan Nickname: Ryan Gosling's Batman Audition
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Bernie is played by Albert Brooks, who did voice work as Nemo's father in Finding Nemo. He's also a regular contributor for The Simpsons, providing the voice for Hank Scorpio.
- Playing Against Type: Comedic actor Albert Brooks playing the mobster Bernie, though Bernie's actual personality is pretty close to Brooks' typical performance.
- The Red Stapler: Driver's silk scorpion jacket has become available (although it seems no one can quite pull it off as well as Ryan Gosling).
- Stunt Casting: Christina Hendricks as Blanche. The director's wife suggested the casting, saying she thought Hendricks is beautiful.
- What Could Have Been:
- The film was originally planned as a big budgeted blockbuster star vehicle for Hugh Jackman directed by Neil Marshall before both abandoned the project.
- Christina Hendricks wasn't the first choice for Blanche. Refn had originally sought to cast porn actresses to give the part a bit of Reality Subtext but couldn't find any with good enough acting skills and cast Hendricks in the part when his wife suggested her. Although hints of the intended Reality Subtext can be found in other parts in the movie; porn actress Andy San Dimas plays one of the strippers in Cook's lap-dance club.
- Irene was written as a Hispanic character (in the source novel, her name was "Irina").
Trivia: Drive (Series)
- Role Association: Terry organizes a cross-country road race with Mal Reynolds, Rose, Jesus Velasquez, Keith, Grace Russell, and Dr. Connors as participants.
- What Could Have Been: Here is a rough sketch of how the show would have progressed had anyone bothered to watch it. Some highlights:
- Some of the contestants have "sponsors" who got them into the race. Some sponsors have benevolent motives, while others have revenge or other nefarious ideas on their minds. One racer, John Trimble, sponsored himself, looking to have one last thrill before he dies. Other contestants, such as the team of Leigh, Susan and Ivy, were put in as background racers to shake things up, similar to non-player "bots" in a video game.
- John Trimble wasn't actually dying — in fact, it was his meds that were making him sick. After he finds out that he's going to live, he would've been killed by a bus, simply because, according to Minear, it would've been funny.
- There were various ideas going around as to the identity of the truck driver who killed Susan. The most likely idea would've had it be a former contestant who had been crippled in the race and was now seeking revenge. Other ideas would have been for it to be a faceless serial killer (a la Duel), or have the driver be played by Eliza Dushku.
- Had there been a second season, it would've focused on a new race and new characters, with first season characters taking on new roles in the race.