Trivia: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- Breakthrough Hit: Disgaea became a Sleeper Hit for Nippon Ichi in the West, and they would open a publishing branch in the U.S. after the game's release in that territory.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Laharl is Rita Repulsa, which would explain things.
- In FLCL Barbara Goodson plays a boy named Naota who is stoic; the opposite of Laharl.
- As if Vulcanus wasn't Obviously Evil enough, he eventually becomes Ganondorf.
- Etna is voiced by Michelle Ruff. She has experienced playing hot-tempered redheads that wear revealing outfits.
- The Other Darrin: Amanda Winn Lee was the original English dub voice for Etna, Laharl's second-in-command. In all of her subsequent appearances, Michelle Ruff took over the role.
- What Could Have Been: Mid Boss was originally going to be a hulking monster who easily cried and Laharl originally had a sister. The designs of proto-Mid Boss and Laharl's little sister would make it's way into the anime as two monster guarding the dump Flonne finds Laharl in and Maharl, a demon trying to pose as Laharl's sister, respectively.
- Originally, the series was supposed to be a space-set rail shooter series, similar to Star Fox. Several elements from the original idea can be seen in-game, such as the gun turrets from Chapter 13 and the Scout's Geo Cannon ability.