Trivia: Dexys Midnight Runners
- Creator Breakdown: A lot of Rowland's songs are informed by his personal issues.
- Rowland's solo Cover Album My Beauty is a collection of songs that affected him or reflected his problems during his problems with drugs between the breaking up of Dexys and the release of the album, and in some cases he slightly altered the lyrics to more personally reflect his own life in them.
- Creator Killer: While critically acclaimed, Don't Stand Me Down was a commercial disaster upon release and its failure led to the band's disbanding.
- Doing It for the Art: Kevin Rowland has stated that in his early days the band ended up paying more to play than they earned, but he didn't mind; he just enjoyed performing.
- Fan Nickname: The Young Soul Rebels.
- Name's the Same: The earliest drummer was named John Jay (not the one time Chief Justice), and they had a bassist named John Edwards (not the an American Senator).
- What Could Have Been: Their first really big exposure came from a supporting slot on tour with The Specials and The Selecter, so there was talk that they would potentially be signed on to 2 Tone Records.