Trivia: Day Of The Tentacle
- Dawson Casting: Fifty-year-old Richard Sanders does the voice of Bernard, who is at most in his early twenties.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Richard Sanders as Bernard. Ironically, the casting happened because Tim Schaefer and David Grossman wanted to cast someone who sounded like Less Nesman of WKRP in Cincinnati. As it turned out, their voice director knew his agent.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: As popular as the game was and still is, it's never been re-released. LucasArts did still seem to care about it as they replaced the Sam & Max cameos in their Monkey Island remakes with Purple Tentacle cameos (due to copyright issues), but now that the entire company is no more thanks to the Disney buyout, the chances of this game popping up again are even more in doubt. Expect to spend a fortune on eBay or get ready to do some piracy of your own.
- What Could Have Been:
- In the original drafts, the three playing characters would be selected from six different ones, as in the original Maniac Mansion. Apart from Bernard, Hoagie and Laverne, Razor would have returned and there were two new original characters: Chester the poet and Moonglow the hippie. This idea was abandoned as it was judged too complicated, but elements of Chester's design were reused for Ned/Jed Edison.
- An HD remake of the game, in the vein of the Monkey Island Special Editions, was planned and even 80% complete, but was shelved before it was finished. Since LucasArts is now a goner, the chances it will ever be rescued from Development Hell are pretty narrow at best. Then again, Grim Fandango is getting an HD rerelease, so, there just might be hope for the game after all.