Trivia: Dawson's Creek
- Actor Allusion: In the Season 1 episode "Detention," they're discussing the movie The Breakfast Club, and Pacey (played by Joshua Jackson, one of whose earliest roles was as Charlie Conway in The Mighty Ducks) disagrees with the others that Emilio Estevez is languishing in TV obscurity.
Pacey: No way! Emilio Estevez, he was in those Duck movies, remember? God, those were classic. So funny!
(Pacey laughs to himself, while the others look at him blankly.)
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: They lost the rights to "I Don't Want to Wait" by Paula Cole after season 2 and a new song was chosen for the opening theme. Re-releases of the first two seasons, including the streaming of the seasons on Netflix, has the second song replace the iconic song.
- Star-Making Role: Katie Holmes, Joshua Jackson, and Michelle Williams.
- Trope Namer: For Dawson Casting. Particularly 20 year-old James van der Beek (Dawson), 26 year-old Kerr Smith (Jack), and 30 year-old Meredith Monroe (Andie) playing high school sophomores.
- What Could Have Been: Supposedly, Dawson was originally meant to be gay like the creator Kevin Williamson but Executive Meddling vetoed the idea and Jack was created instead. The World Was Not Ready.