- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: Many people believe that it's "Pinkamena Diane Pie" (flat-haired, depressive-to-psychotic Pinkie) who does all the slaughtering in Cupcakes, something that fan art frequently supports. Not only have they clearly never read the fic, but they don't know either that Cupcakes was released before the premiere of "Party of One", the first episode to have Pinkie turn back into Pinkamena. So when Cupcakes was published, let alone written, Pinkamena didn't even exist yet.
- When "Party of One" premiered, many thought they saw disturbing parallels to Cupcakes. In fact, however, they only saw parallels to what they believed Cupcakes is about without daring to verify.
- Pinkamena is complicated. Straight hair equaling Sanity Slippage comes from Party of One, Sanity Slippage equaling basement torture chamber comes from Cupcakes, "Pinkamena" as the name for straight-haired Pinkie comes from the fact that she always had straight hair back on the rock farm where she went by her whole name. Put it all together and what do you get?
- Deleted Scene: Remember that scene where Pinkie Pie hammers nails into Rainbow Dash's hooves? A little interview with the author tells us that was going to be a bit worse...
- What Could Have Been: Sergeant Sprinkles gives insight to a sequel he had planned but never carried out, involving Fluttershy:
Keeping her locked in a pit for several weeks. She'd be starved, only given enough water to stave off dehydration (which Pinkie dumped on the filthy floor for her to lap up) and she'd be forced to sit near her own waste due to the small space in the hole. Apple Bloom would also leave plates of hot food right outside the cage, just out of reach. her wings would be left intact since the gate would keep her in. Eventually, once Fluttershy was completely broken, Apple Bloom would feed her, by tossing a wounded, bleeding Angel to see if Fluttershy would give in to her hunger.