Trivia: Crazy Heart
- Actor Allusion:
- Career Resurrection: Bad Blake's goal.
- Dueling Movies: Country Strong.
- Development Hell: Thomas Cobb often tells his students that the book didn't do too well and actually went out of print after its first edition. However, the film rights were picked up numerous times throughout the next two decades and every time the film rights were optioned he'd get a small royalty check. When this version of the film was optioned, it was the first time Cobb had ever heard from an actual director. The film itself took only a month to complete.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Jeff Bridges hooks up with Maggie Gyllenhaal, is the opening act for Colin Farrell, and goes fishing with Robert Duvall.
- Playing Against Type: Two of the producers, Leslie Belzberg and Michael A. Simpson, made a rare foray into drama here. Belzberg is best known as a collaborator on John Landis's films and Simpson produced Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers and Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland.