- Dude, Not Funny!: The game isn't at all apologetic in its Black Comedy, but even Orteil thought he went too far at one point - the "Child Labor" upgrade used to have "...and so much more receptive to whipping!" at the end of its description, but that part has since been removed.
- Fan Nickname: Frequenters of /vg/'s Idle Games General (that arose mostly because of Cookie Clicker's popularity) lovingly refer to Orteil as a FRENCH FUCK. Capitals always.
- Mid-Development Genre Shift: The the dungeon system was going to add serious depth, including JRPG elements and a Minigame Zone, to what was once just a simple Idle Game about clicking on a cookie. Unfortunately, it only lasted one version of the beta, with the next ones removing it. Said version now exists as a standalone alongside the current beta and the normal version.
- Schedule Slip: Easter 2014 took place on April 20. The Easter Update rolled out to Beta on May 17, due to Orteil's being sick through Easter and subsequent computer problems. He was still drawing the update's Easter eggs on the 15th.
- There was a larger gap after October 2014. Even though he made many posts on his Tumblr in October and November 2015 about the updates he was working on, the following beta update was released on December 20th - over a year after the previous beta launched. The live update came out in February 2016.
- The Wiki Rule: Here it is.
- Word of God: The "egg" achievement giving 9 CPS had nothing to do with the fact that the French words for "egg" and "nine" rhyme.
[8/27/14 2:51:37 PM] Orteil: oh yeah actually[8/27/14 2:51:41 PM] Orteil: that wasn't intended[8/27/14 2:52:04 PM] Orteil: I make a lot of puns that go unnoticed but people have been reading way too much into egg