Trivia: Cookie Clicker
- Dude, Not Funny!: The game isn't at all apologetic in its Black Comedy, but even Orteil thought he went too far at one point - the "Child Labor" upgrade used to have "...and so much more receptive to whipping!" at the end of its description, but that part has since been removed.
- Fan Nickname: Frequenters of /vg/'s Idle Games General (that arose mostly because of Cookie Clicker's popularity) lovingly refer to Orteil as a FRENCH FUCK. Capitals always.
- Mid-Development Genre Shift: The planned dungeon system is going to add serious depth, including JRPG elements and a Minigame Zone, to what was once just a simple Idle Game about clicking on a cookie.
- Schedule Slip: Easter 2014 took place on April 20. The Easter Update rolled out to Beta on May 17, due to Orteil's being sick through Easter and subsequent computer problems. He was still drawing the update's Easter eggs on the 15th.
- The Wiki Rule: There's already a wiki for this game even though it's still in its infancy.