Trivia: Colin Baker
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Commander Maxil shoots the Fifth Doctor in "Arc of Infinity." The Doctor gets his revenge in "The Caves of Androzani" by regenerating into a copy of Maxil to survive lethal poisoning. This led to a joke by Colin that he got the role of the Sixth Doctor by shooting his predecessor.
- Post-Script Season: Of Colin Baker's two years spent playing the Doctor, only Series 22 came out looking the way Nathan-Turner and co. wanted. Series 23 was haphazardly put together after the show returned from an 18-month hiatus. (Series 22 hadn't exactly lit the world on fire, so you can imagine the results.)
- Mean Character Nice Actor: Whilst the Sixth Doctor is arguably the most Jerkass incarnation of the character, Baker himself has been claimed by fans to be the nicest actor to ever take the role. He's also an avid campaigner for SIDS awareness, after the death of his son in the 1980s.
- This said, he's not perfect - when Doctor Who Magazine published the entire results of the 2009 poll showing his debut story rock bottom, he refused to give them an interview for nearly six years and then only in connection with a Big Finish drama.
- Throw It In: Baker added the finishing touch the Doctor's wardrobe himself: a cat brooch worn on the lapel.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: When he reprised the role for the Big Finish stories, he was voted by fans as the greatest audio Doctor. And when considering the Doctor Who Expanded Universe as a whole (including print media, which of course don't require Baker's involvement), Six has returned in some form or another for more Multi-Doctor stories than any other Doctor — "The Two Doctors" and "Dimensions in Time" on TV, "The Sirens of Time", "Project: Lazarus", "Zagreus", "100", "The Four Doctors", "Peri And The Piscon Paradox", "Tales from the Vault" and "The Light at the End" in Big Finish, The Eight Doctors in the Eighth Doctor Adventures, "Happy Deathday" in the Doctor Who Magazine comic strips and The Forgotten in the IDW comics.
- Vindicated by History: Colin has worked hard to clean up the Sixth Doctor's legacy, and succeeded to an extent. Even blogger Phil Sandifer, who came down hard on the Colin Baker era, conceded that if Six's tenure has been anything like Big Finish's Jubilee, he'd be remembered as one of the greatest of all time. And then Big Finish produced a bona-fide final story for the Sixth Doctor, "The Last Adventure", which at last salvaged the infamous Fake Shemp regeneration sequence in "Time and the Rani".