- Banned in China: Parachutes, due to "Spies" being interpreted as a potshot at their form of communism. Buckland commented that the banning was "really weird."
- Black Sheep Hit: Parachutes is practically a Black Sheep Album: its intimate, acoustic style doesn't sound like any of Coldplay's other albums, and the band hates it these days. (Though "Yellow" still survives on the setlist.)
- One of Us: To help prepare for the role of Pepper Potts in the Iron Man film, Gwyneth Paltrow, spouse of lead singer Chris Martin, borrowed a few comic books from her husband.
- Shrug of God: The bandmembers rarely give specific explanations of a song's meaning (though they love to give fake ones). Chris, the main lyric-writer, has stated that he has no idea what "Yellow" is about.
- Jonny once stated that it was about bananas.
- Viral Marketing: The lyrics videos for "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall".