Trivia: Clock Tower
Note: This is the Trivia page for the Clock Tower game series. This is unrelated to the trope.
- Unbuilt Trope: Even before the Survival Horror genre. Clock Tower: The First Fear, already deconstructed majority of the horror games at that time.
- Fan Translation: The first SNES game has been translated in English by Aeon Genesis in response to this game not being released outside of Japan. Other translators have translated the game in other languages as well.
- Franchise Killer: Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within, aka Clock Tower: Ghost Head, may be what killed the franchise due to faulty game play mechanics, dated graphics, a story that was all over the place, and possessing fake difficulty. Although, Clock Tower 3 made an attempt to revive it, while Haunting Ground (originally a sequel) became a one-off spiritual successor.
- Let's Play: A notable one is The Dark Id's Let's Play of Clock Tower 3. While the original thread on Something Awful has been archived, you can still read it here.
- No Export for You: The original SNES game, and the updated PC and PlayStation re-releases thereafter.
- Sequel First: The first game was never released outside of Japan, but the sequels were.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: Rumors circulated on websites and gaming magazines for a while about the ability to take control as Scissorman in a hidden mode within the second Clock Tower game.
- Word of God: Hifumi Kouno, the director of the first two games, responds to fan e-mail and has answered several questions about the series in his replies. (Most of the questions and answers can be found in this forum topic, but additional ones can be found here and here.)