Trivia items related to the film Cliffhanger
- Completely Different Title:
- Total Risk (Mexico)
- Total Hazard (Argentina/Peru)
- Infernal Storm (Portugal)
- Low Pressure (Greece)
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Name's the Same: Just how many British credit-watchers were startled to see "Jim Davidson" listed as an associate producer in the opening titles may never be known.
- What Could Have Been: The film was originally called Gale Force and was going to feature Stallone taking on terrorists in a coastal town during a hurricane. However, it would have been too costly and difficult to make.