Trivia: Clerks II
- Actor Allusion:
- Jay's gone through rehab and no longer does drugs (despite still dealing them); Jason Mewes also went to rehab prior to filming this movie (allegedly, Kevin Smith would not allow him to be in the movie unless he cleaned himself up). Unlike Jay, however, Mewes has not become a Christian, or at least not a devout one; this change in Jay's character is more than likely inspired by the events of Dogma.
- Emma's hatred of New Jersey is apparently inspired by Jennifer Schwalbach Smith's own distaste for the state.
- Randal's comment that after Dante leaves Elias will be his new best friend is a nod to Jeff Anderson's film Now You Know where he and Trevor Fehrman played best friends.
- Actor-Shared Background: Jay's story of how he and Silent Bob finally sobered up parallels that of Jay's actor Jason Mewes, including being arrested for driving around with a deployed airbag.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Rosario Dawson claimed in the DVD extras that the biggest draw for her was getting to see a (simulated) donkey show.
- Production Posse: Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, Ethan Suplee, and of course Brian O'Halloran and Jason Mewes.
- What Could Have Been: Bob Weinstein wanted "Pillowpants" to turn out to be real, but ultimately decided that was too silly when Smith explained why it was funnier the way it was.
- With the very slim chance that Pillow Pants was actually going to be filmed, he would have been played by Jason Mewes dressed up as a troll and standing in front of a giant wooden labia. Allegedly, despite liking the final result, Jason Mewes was disappointed he did not get to take home a wooden labia.