Trivia: Candy Candy
- The Great-Uncle William who adopted Candy, and whose identity was the best-kept secret through the whole series, is revealed to be Albert, the man who became Candy's friend and watched over her on certain moments of her life, the last of them while he was amnesiac. Oh, and he also was the very "Prince of the Hill" she became infatuated with when she was a little girl. Also, Candy ends happily single, taking care of the orphanage where she grew up though for some, her feelings might have started to sway from Terry to the aforementioned Albert, hinted to be the actual love of her life. The girls who saw that became shocked and outraged and EPICALLY missed the story's main aesop about how women should be able to build their own lives no matter what, and the Italians declared Fanon Discontinuity and created their own ending.
- Creator Backlash: Mizuki and Igarashi have fought legally between each other so much over ownership of the series that they've come to hate it. As of 2006, Mizuki apparently said that even thinking of Candy Candy "makes her feel sick" and "gives her a headache"
- Screwed by the Lawyers: The anime became this as the end result of the legal battles.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Terry is Nezumi Otoko and Scarecrow!
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Thanks to the lawsuits, this is the only way to watch this show in any language. This has led to a thriving bootleg market throughout the territories in which it was previously popular.
- No Export for You: Despite the show's incredible popularity in Europe, Latin America, and even Africa, an English dub was never produced and the show never ran in the United States. Thanks to the legal issues that have held up the show even in its homeland, it likely never will.