Trivia: Bridge to Terabithia
- Creator Breakdown: The Bittersweet Ending is inspired by a real life event that happened to the author's son. That same son would become the producer and co-writer for the 2007 film.
- In a 2009 radio interview, Paterson recalled that it took weeks to summon up the courage to write the ending, to kill off the girl she had brought back to life.
- Fake American: Everyone except the main cast of the movie.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Massive amounts in the 2007 movie. Leslie is Violet Beauregard, her dad is Mesogog, the school bus driver is Mr. Burley, the principal is Colonel Mason Truman, Jess' dad is the T-1000, and his music teacher is Trillian.
- Retroactive Recognition: Jess is a young Peeta.
- So My Kids Can Watch: Robert Patrick aka T-1000 described his reason for taking the part in the film with precisely these words.
- Write Who You Know: The characters and story are based off events and people from Katherine Paterson's own life - Jesse off her son David, Leslie off his best friend Lisa Hill, etc., and Jesse's loneliness reflects Paterson's own inability to fit in at school with others. Plus the poverty of the situation during the Seventies post the Vietnam War era. And the religious connotations off her own upbringing, since she learned from her father (a missionary who often traveled as part of his duties).