Supervising Director Bernard Derriman has created a diagram to quell the notion that Bob doesn't have ears with their exact location under his hair.
The recipe Bob uses in "Turkey in a Can" is hilariously described on the show's official Tumblr blog, supposedly from Bob himself.
City with No Name: While the town's name is never officially stated, the voice actors informally call it "Seymour's Bay" behind the scenes because the editor's name is Mark Seymour and they all spend so much time in his editing bay.
Creator Backlash: In this AV Club retrospective of season 3, Loren Bouchard did not like the ending "Family Fracas" (though it was because he felt the episode could have been written better, not because he felt the Belchers should have gotten their revenge on the Pestos) and wished the show went with the original ending of the Belchers dumping silly foam on Jimmy Pesto's car, which he won by cheating, though he also added that the original ending would have made fans complain that the Belchers were being petty, meaning that there would have been irate fans no matter which ending was used.
Creator Cameo: One of the show's writers, Wendy Molyneux, voices Jen the babysitter.
Cross-Dressing Voices: About 95% of the female characters on this show are voiced by men (John Roberts as Linda, Dan Mintz as Tina, Sarah and Laura Silverman and Ollie and Andy Pesto, David Herman as Marshmallow note though this one is justified, as Marshmallow is most likely a post-op transsexual, etc). Only a handful of female characters are actually voiced by women (Louisenote Kristen Schaal and Gailnote Megan Mullally are notable examples of female characters voiced by women).
Defictionalization: To promote the show, several Fatburger restaurants were re-branded as "Bob's Burgers".
A fan is currently dedicating himself to making and documenting and recreating every burger special featured on the show's chalkboard note including the Child Molester burger from the first episode — but not without a warning stating that child sexual abuse isn't funny and the sandwich isn't meant to condone or glamorize it, something acknowledged by the show's writers on their own blog.
Hey, It's That Voice!: 95% of the main cast and the guest voices are people known from the sketch and stand-up comedy world. The other 5% are from other TV shows, particularly those that are either considered modern cult classics or earned the title of being a cult classic because the show/movie was either screwed over or caters to a nerdy, pseudo-mainstream sensibility.
Bill Hader (Officer Slater, Stefon Zolesky-Meyersnote the Club Kid who became a city correspondent for Weekend Update. When he was introduced, it was implied his last name was Zolesky, as that was also the last name of his brother Dave, played by Ben Affleck. The "Meyers" part came from Hader's final episode as a cast member when Stefon ran off to marry Anderson Cooper, and Seth Meyers ran to rescue Stefon from getting married, and Flint) is the voice of Mickey the bank robber (and of all the weird voices Bill Hader has used, Mickey the bank robber is one of the few where it's closest to his normal voice).
Tammy the bad girl is Jenny Slate, a one-time Saturday Night Live cast member who got in trouble for accidentally saying "fuckin'" during "Biker Chick Chat," her very first sketch on the season 35 premiere hosted by Megan Fox. Slate is also the voice behind "Marcel the Shell With Shoes On", was on an episode of Raising Hope as a social worker, and was Stella on the short-lived noir parody Bored to Death.
Dom Irrera (a Philadelphia-born stand-up comic who did voicework on Rocko's Modern Life and once auditioned to be a Saturday Night Live cast member during the infamously rocky sixth season) is The Nose from "Ambergris."
The dub from Hungary has picked out interesting characters:
Louise is voiced by the dub actress who plays Vanellope. Meanwhile, Vanellope's English voice actress (Sarah Silverman) is one half of the Pesto twins.
What Could Have Been: In the original pitch of the show, Bob and his family were cannibals who served ground-up human meat to unwitting customers, while trying to keep the authorities off their trail. Naturally, something that disgusting got rejected as a series premise for network TV (it'd be a different story if it were on cable — either basic or pay-premium), but it didn't stop the first episode from alluding to it.
Tina was also supposed to be a boy named Daniel, which explains why Dan Mintz (a boy) is voicing a girl.
John Roberts originally auditioned to be a cast member for Saturday Night Live during the 2008-2009 season (when Amy Poehler left to have her baby and do other projects, so Lorne hired Bobby Moynihan, Abby Elliott, and Michaela Watkins). Had he been chosen, not only would John Roberts be the second male homosexual cast member (and the first one hired since 1985), but he wouldn't have been the voice for Linda.