The video game series:
- Banned in China: Banned on Xbox LIVE in Australia.
- What Could Have Been: Rayne's initial character design◊ was meant to be reminiscent of Svetlana Lupescu from Nocturne, Terminal Reality's Survival Horror game that inspired BloodRayne but was later scrapped and redesigned into the Rayne we all know today.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Ben Kingsley stated that his biggest reason for doing the first film was for the chance to play a vampire, cape and all.
- Direct-to-Video: The two sequels that followed after the first.
- Money, Dear Boy: Half the reason Ben Kingsley agreed to appear (as he said, "my children have gotten used to eating.") The other half is because he thought it'd be fun.
- Old Shame: For Guinevere Turner, the scriptwriter. She has stated publicly that she will never work with Uwe Boll again, and that only about 25% of her first draft was actually used. There was no second draft: the script was flown to the production site as-is. Also one for Michael Madsen.
- Romance on the Set: Apparently Kristanna Loken and Michelle Rodriguez dated for a bit during filming.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Boll sued co-star Billy Zane for lost revenue after the film.
- Vindicated by Cable: Made less than $4 million worldwide at the box office, but its almost immediate release to showings on Syfy (and strong DVD sales) exposed it to their audience of bad movie connoisseurs and justified the two Direct-to-Video sequels.