- Fan Nickname:
- Fan Community Nicknames: The Bey Hive. Also, The Beygency, from a Saturday Night Live skit.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Heather Morris, one of the dancers in the "Single Ladies" video, later became famous as Brittany S. Pierce on Glee.
- Invisible Advertising: Although there had been word of a new album that was supposedly going to be released in 2013, there was no publicity or information (or even a title) for the album until it was released on iTunes at midnight on December 13, 2013.
- Real-Life Relative: Has done several songs with her husband Jay-Z, on both her albums and his. Those songs include: Crazy in Love, '03 Bonnie and Clyde, Upgrade U, Déjà Vu, On the Run (Pt. ll) and Drunk in Love.
- Streisand Effect: In 2013, her publicist motioned for BuzzFeed to remove some photos of her Super Bowl performance because they were "unflattering". They politely declined.
- Throw It In: The kid leaning in for a kiss at the end of the "Grown Woman" video makes Beyoncé crack up.
- What Could Have Been: "Pretty Hurts" was actually written by Sia for Katy Perry. However, Katy didn't check her email when Sia pitched her the song, so Sia pitched it to Beyoncé instead, after Rihanna's management also rejected the song.
- According to The Dream, one of her frequent producers, her fifth album was actually going to be inspired by legendary Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti and "Grown Woman" was a part of that before changing her mind.