Trivia: Avenged Sevenfold
- Synyster Gates's dad, Brian Haner Sr., is better known as "Guitar Guy", warm-up act and musical accompaniment for Jeff Dunham.
- The Rev's first kit was a series of toy drums till the age of 13 when he got a real one.
- Author Existence Failure: Jimmy.
- Black Sheep Hit: "Dear God" for many fans.
- Name's the Same: Neither Linkin Park, Five Finger Death Punch, nor AWOLNATION covered "Burn It Down". Also, Black Veil Brides didn't cover "Lost It All". Likewise, "This Means War" is not a cover of the Nickelback song — and "Crossroads" is not a cover of the Robert Johnson song.
- The bassist on their first album, Justin Sane, is not Anti-Flag's guitarist who uses the same stage name.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: The members often have a gangster/thuggish persona, but are actually very down-to-earth and friendly (Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ, in particular).
- The Pete Best: The band's first three bassists (Matt Wendt, Justin Sane and Dameon Ash) are very often forgotten. Justin did in fact play on Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, but the band didn't gain any mainstream success until Johnny Christ joined the band. Justin had to be let go because he suffered brain damage in a suicide attempt, and M Shadows has described his post-recovery persona as "constantly on an acid trip".
- Subverted by Zacky. Avenged Sevenfold were a four-man band on the original release of Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, with Zacky playing lead guitar. Syn wasn't added until the re-release (where he only played in To End the Rapture), although fans tend to assume he was always the band's lead guitarist and Zacky was always the rhythm guitarist.
- What Could Have Been: In an interview with Modern Drummer in 2006, The Rev had said that he planned on exponentially going more and more over the top in technicality in each subsequent release after City Of Evil. Instead, the Self-Titled Album was a much more simple New Sound Album, and he died before Nightmare where they began to move back towards Progressive Metal, and with The Rev's stated influences (Frank Zappa, King Crimson...) it is quite likely that they would go further and further in that direction as well as getting more experimental. He also had said elsewhere that he wanted to re-form Pinkly Smooth, his and Synyster's really weird side project, and re-record their album Unfortunate Snort as he'd compared it's recording quality to that of a demo. He was also seriously entertaining the idea of writing new material for it right around the time when he died.