Trivia: Ao Haru Ride
- Dawson Casting: The live-action film casted people in their early 20s for the roles, but the biggest offender is 26-year-old Masahiro Higashide as 16-year-old Kou. Higashide's 6 months older than Yuu Koyanagi, who plays Tanaka, Kou's older brother.
- Dyeing for Your Art: In preparation for her role in the live-action film, Tsubasa Honda attached 20 cms. worth of hair extensions to have long hair like Futaba. Izumi Fujimoto also had her hair cut to look like Yuuri.
- Defictionalization: Yuuri's Lamune backpack could actually be purchased if one attended the Spring Debut Fair 2011 held by Shueisha.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Fans of Kamen Rider Fourze would immediately recognize Kominato as Ryusei/Kamen Rider Meteor.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Yuuki Kaji and KENN were both in the Strobe Edge drama CD as Yuu and Andou!
- Method Acting: For the live-action movie, Masahiro Higashide, who plays Kou, put a distance between himself and the rest of the cast, since Kou does that during the second part of the series. Unfortunately, it didn't work as well because Tsubasa Honda (Futaba) would insist on eating dinner with him.
- No Export for You: As a best-seller in Japan, as well as having both an Anime series and a Live-Action Adaptation, Ao Haru Ride is licensed in French, German, Traditional Chinese, Polish, etc... but no English-language adaptation in sight. Viz Media, who published Strobe Edge in English, has hinted that they may not license the series because of scanalations. Couple in the fact that shoujo manga has always done poorly in the United States, and you have a recipe for a flop.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: The series' name is shortened to Ao Haru.
- Write What You Know: Futaba and Kou's Accidental Kiss is actually based off an incident Io Sakisaka has personally experienced.