- Actor Allusion: During Jessica's cameo in American Reunion, she announces that "I'm a lesbian now." Natasha Lyonne played a lesbian character in "But I'm a Cheerleader" the same year the original American Pie was released.
Stifler: How many girls did you sleep with this year?
Jessica: Wouldn't you like to know?
Stifler: Fuck yeah I would.
- The Danza: Chris Klein as Chris Ostreicher, and John Cho and Justin Isfeld as the MILF Guys, John and Justin.
- Dawson Casting: Alyson Hannigan, Shannon Elizabeth, and Tara Reid were 24 during production of the first film; Seann William Scott was 22 and John Cho was 27. They all play high school seniors.
- The main four-man band generally averts this; they were 18-20 to start. (Jason Biggs 20, Chris Klein 19, Eddie Kaye Thomas and Thomas Ian Nicholas 18).
- And Alyson Hannigan can get away with it because she really can act that well, though less so by Reunion, where she was beginning to look her age.
- Direct-to-Video: The "American Pie Presents" Spin-offs. Made Canon Discontinuity with the release of the fourth theatrical film.
- Fake Nationality: Jason Biggs has mentioned being confused about why he is typically cast as a Jewish character, despite not being Jewish himself in real life.
- I Am Not Spock: Examples.
Jason Biggs (Jim, the dude who fucked a pie [Lampshaded in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back]; although he's starting to escape this with Orange Is the New Black)Seann William Scott (Stifler, the dude who drank semen beer, gets peed on and throws the wildest parties)Jennifer Coolidge (Stifler's Mom, the MILF)
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: In real life, Seann William Scott is the exact opposite of Stiffler, personality-wise. He was deathly shy when it came to talking to girls in high school and was 30 years old when he had his first serious relationship.
- The Other Darrin: Stifler's little brother is played by Eli Marienthal in the first two films, but by Tad Hilgenbrink (as a high school senior) in the spin-off movie, Band Camp.
- Surprisely averted like hell in the Japanese dubs, despite the time gap between sequels. Keep in mind Japanese dubs (and many foreign dubs, for that matter) tends to change voice actors between sequels when the voice actors aren't available or already deceased, but the Japanese one managed to keep almost all the voice actors from previous films, even the ones who voiced minor roles.
- Sequel Gap: If you ignore the direct-to-video sequels, American Reunion is the first film with the original cast in 10 years.
- Star-Making Role: Seann William Scott as Stifler. Tara Reid, Alyson Hannigan, and Eugene Levy were well-established at the time. The rest of the cast hasn't been... quite as lucky.
- Throw It In: Michelle dominating Jim in bed was thought up by Alyson Hannigan. Everyone immediately went for it.