Trivia: Adventures in Babysitting
- Dawson Casting: For a good reason. If Elizabeth Shue actually was 17 when this was made, the whole "looking-like-the-Playboy-centerfold" thing would have crossed the line.
- Also, Bradley Whitford was 27 when he played Chris's boyfriend in this film.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Anthony Rapp plays Daryl.
- Chris' boyfriend is played by Bradley Whitford, aka Josh Lyman in The West Wing.
- Don't forget Vincent D'Onofrio as Thor (which brought much amusement during the casting of the actual Thor film and the casting of D'Onofrio as The Kingpin in Daredevil)
- Chris gets together with a boy played by George Newbern, who grows up to voice Superman (taking over for Tim Daly), Theodore Rex, Sephiroth and Nooj.
- Don't fuck with Detective Meldrick Lewis from Homicide: Life on the Street!
- The band playing the frat party is Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.
- Recycled: The Series: A sitcom pilot for a TV version aired on CBS but did not go to series. The most notable actors to appear in the pilot were Joey Lawrence and Brian Austin Green as Brad and Daryl. The premise centered on Chris, Brenda, and the kids getting held up at a store, locked in a storage room, and then trying to escape through the sewers where they come face-to-face with an alligator.
- Throw It In: During the scene where Brenda tries to buy a hot dog, the vendor improvised the line "Then I don't have a fucking weiner!" The director thought it was hilarious, but the executives told him to take it out of the theatrical release to keep it PG-13.
Vendor: Look, you slip me the cash, and I'll slip you the weiner.Brenda: But I don't have any cash!Vendor: Then I don't have a weiner!
- They got their revenge for that bit of Executive Meddling by getting some truly EPIC crap past the radar with the revised lines:
- Also the song they improvise to get off the stage.