Trivia: A Troll in Central Park
- Actor Allusion: Cloris Leachman voices Gnorga, the Queen of the Trolls in this film, and she had previously played a role as Cerena, Queen of the Trolls in the Hanna-Barbera Christmas special "The Little Troll Prince".
- Box Office Bomb: One of biggest in the history of animated films. The film had a budget of $23,000,000 and only grossed $71,368 domestically, which is less than one-third of 1% of its budget, making it one of the biggest box office bombs in the history of animated films (formerly the biggest until Delgo came along).
- Fake American: The parents, who for some reason are voiced by none other than Jonathan Pryce and Hayley Mills. They don't do a very good job of it.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Gus and Stanley are Fievel and Tiger respectively.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Gus bears a small resemblance to his actor Phillip Glasser.
- Old Shame: Gary Goldman stated that he and Don Bluth were not impressed with doing this film.
- Screwed by the Studio: According to the IMDB trivia. Gary Goldman stated that the reason the movie did so poorly at the box office was the fact that it was released without any promotion whatsoever, and what release it did have was limited. To which most people replied "Have you SEEN the thing?!"
- What Could Have Been: Bluth has said that, had they not rushed their production, he would have wanted Stanley to be a much darker character with more abundant flaws.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: The film was apparently a failed effort for Bluth's team to invoke this trope.