Uglydolls are a series of collectable plush dolls concieved by David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim. Released in 2002, these doll are the definition of Ugly Cute, with many different characters in the roster, as well as their own universe, the "Uglyverse", to call their own. Needs SERIOUS Wiki Love, especially since Illumination Entertainment is making a movie out of them!
Tropes of the Uglydolls:
- Alternate Universe: The Uglyverse, and the various other alternate universes that coexist with the Uglyverse.
- Bystander Syndrome: UFOes? Nah, they're business as usual.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Poe, an Ugly Dragon.
- Never Say "Die": Uglydolls are to all intents and purposes immortal, although references to the chance of not coming back alive are common, due to their ridiculous pasttimes.
Babo (floating away from a half-eaten cookie): "Wait, I wasn't done with that!"
- That didn't stop Babo from becoming a floaty, cookie-halo'd version of himself at the end of Ugly Guide 3.
- Generation Xerox: The Uglydolls of ye olden days were more or less the same Uglydolls of modern times, only with ye olden problems to deal with.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics, somewhat averted: The, er, women of the Uglyverse have almost no indications of gender save for their descriptions, and even then, some descriptions don't even use gender specific nouns. Although Tray and Puglee are pinkish in hue, others are harder to discern.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold/Jerk: Gato Deluxe."Gato Deluxe is all that! He's got it going on big time! ... Or at least that's Gato Deluxe on the outside. On the inside, Gato Deluxe is a real sweetheart who knows he's all that, big time. Wait, that's the same."
- Split Personality: Bop n' Beep, who literally share bodies with each other. Also Turny Burny and the Double Trouble uglies.