- Parodied a number of times on Homestar Runner:
- Coach Z fits this trope. He loves to rap (badly), and uses dated slang (which tends to be furthered mangled by his outrageous accent).
- In Strong Bad Email #164, looking old, Strong Bad fears he's losing the "youth vote" of "young parsons who eat their yogurt through a tube", and thus calls an "emergency marketing meeting". The Cheat suggests frenetic, MTV-style editing, while Bubs thinks adding a lowercase "i" to the front of words is a good idea. Ultimately he undergoes a "lace-lift" which results in the opposite of the intended effect so that he ends up looking and sounding like his own great-grandmother.
- In SBEmail #197, Strong Bad panics over not being cool. His ideas of having "edge" are basically self-destructive and oddly passe. Even Strong Sad takes advantage of it.
- Acknowledged yet avoided by the Teen Girl Squad, as their Totally Radical slang is so ridiculous, it can't be anything but fake.
Cheerleader: Okay, my Spanish Galleons!
- Their 2010 April Fools gag is a Totally Radical revamp of the characters with Xtreme Kool Letterz. They're revamped for the nineties...a decade or two late.
- Several of the "Awesome" videos on Newgrounds use this trope for comic effect with characters such as Sonic and Gray Fox. "Yo yo yo B-boy Snake-Dawg-G..."
- My client has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of chilling out!