Theatre: Zanna, Don't!
- "I'm a one-woman womanAnd you're wastin' my time."-"I Ain't Got Time"
Includes examples of:
- Alternate Universe : But everything is pretty normal except for three things. Chess is cooler than football, mechanical-bull riding is a intermural sport and everybody is gay.
- Bi the Way: Steve and Kate
- Cast Full of Gay : Everyone in Heartsville (and the rest of America) are gay.
- Fridge Logic: "Two by Two, just like Noah had to do..." if everyone's gay, how does that work?
- Excited Show Title!
- Gay Guy Seeks Popular Jock: Though due to the gay Alternate Universe of the musical, the Lovable Jock is actually closeted straight, and Chess is cooler than Football in any case.
- Has Two Mommies : Or two daddies.
- High School Dance : The scene for Zanna to discover that everyone is now straight.
- High School Radio : Tank is resident DJ.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me : Mike, captain of the chess club goes out with Steve, quarterback of the football team. They even say this line.
- Incompatible Orientation : Kate with Roberta, Steve with Mike, Zanna with Steve
- Magic Wand : Zanna uses a literal magic wand, pretty star on the end and all.
- Magical Queer : Literally!
- Matchmaker Crush : Zanna hooks up Mike and Steve, and then realizes that he likes Steve too.
- The Power of Love : "Nothing done out of love can ever do us harm..."
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism : Far on the side of idealism. Steve and Kate are briefly ostracized for their relationship, but Zanna saves them by turning the world upside-down. When Zanna is briefly ostracized at the prom, his friends return to include him and accept all kinds of love.
- Tempting Fate : This is referencing Kate and Steve pretending to be in love. Bet you he regrets it four songs later.Mike: You looked perfect!
* Wide-Eyed Idealist : Oh Zanna...