Theatre: The Emperor Constantine
The Emperor Constantine: A chronicle is a play by Dorothy L Sayers about the life of the Emperor Constantine.
- Exact Words: Constantine likes his dream because it was a clear promise of victory.
- Mother Goose: King Coel was the origin of "Old King Cole"; she used that fact.
- Nice to the Waiter: Or rather, not. A slave is substituted for Constantine when an assassination attempt is expected
- Offing the Offspring: Constantine is tricked into this by his second wife.
- Overly Long Name: Constantine's father has one, in the opinion of Helena's servant
- Royal Blood: Helena is the daughter of King Coel
- Sacred Hospitality: Maximian praises Helena's
- Textile Work Is Feminine: Fausta brought her sewing to her first meeting with Helena.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Maximian presents his proposed marriage between Constantine and Fausta in this light.