I'm not sure the real Mozart and Salieri looked like this, but let's pretend, shall we?Mozart L'Opera Rock
is a French Rock Opera
about Mozart, with lavish production values that combine the ornate world of the late 18th century with the rock music and curiously emo hairstyles of the modern era.
This work provides examples of:
- Audience Participation: Salieri and some of the court ladies run through the theater during "Victime de ma victoire".
- Disney Acid Sequence: The stage suddenly exploding into some kind of weird Egyptian S&M party during "Le bien qui fait mal".
- Driven by Envy: Salieri, albeit more Amadeus than historical.
- Everyone Looks Sexier If French: And how!
- Fake Nationality: Aside from most of the cast being French playing Austrians, Frenchman Florent Mothe plays Italian Antonio Salieri, while the only genuine Italian in the cast (Mikelangelo Loconte) plays... Mozart!
- Final Love Duet: "Vivre à en crever" (Live until it kills us), which is interestingly enough a duet between the hero and villain.
- Gorgeous Period Dress
- Ho Yay : As mentioned in the Final Love Duet entry, there is some of it between Mozart and Salieri
- I Am Song: "Le trublion" (troublemaker) for Mozart. "Bim bam boum" for Aloysia.
- Intercourse with You: "Les solos sous les draps", with such lyrics as "You want him to improvise rhythmic fantasies that your bodies harmonize" and "I want major harmony, his hand to lead me to experience his ardor in a symphony of sighs". It's almost an experiment in how many innuendos you can make using music theory.
- Knife Nut: Salieri during "L'Assassymphonie".
- Les Yay : Is this troper the only one to see some of this during "Les solos sous les draps" (solos under the sheets) ?
- My God, What Have I Done?: "Victime de ma victoire" (Victim of my victory), in which Salieri laments his actions and realizes that "Winning without virtue is triumphing without glory".
- Of Corsets Sexy
- Race for Your Love: Mozart loses the race when Aloysia marries Joseph Lange.
- Settle for Sibling: Having lost Aloysia, Mozart marries her sister, Constanze.
- Villain Song: "L'Assassymphonie"
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: The main character