Theatre: Mary, Mary
Mary, Mary is a Comedy of Remarriage by Jean Kerr.The play is about the professional and romantic headaches of Bob McKellaway, a bright, sensible fellow who heads a small publishing company, and the four guests he invites to his home-office apartment:
- Tiffany Richards, a wealthy, no-nonsense young woman who is Bob's fiancée;
- Oscar Nelson, a tax lawyer who explains to Bob that, what with the alimony the court ordered him to pay, he's not making ends meet and certainly can't afford a second divorce;
- Dirk Winsten, a Hollywood actor who was once in the Navy with Bob, with literary aspirations and some surprising insights, and
- Mary McKellaway, Bob's ex-wife, a highly moody woman who tends to crack jokes at the wrong moments.
This play contains examples of:
- Must Have Nicotine: Mary's frantic search for a cigarette.
- Nice Guy: Bob, until the end.
- Please Put Some Clothes On
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Dirk gives one to Mary.
- Tsundere: Mary.
- Writing Lines: Done orally by Mary.