"It appears to be a prophecy describing what the Mayans referred to as a troupe called 'Dikrats', and how they bring about the end of the Earth..."Apocalyptour is the second national tour of Team StarKid, which is more story driven than the SPACE Tour. The StarKids, having given up singing and dancing, have turned to their true passion of archeological digs until they unwittingly unearth the Mayan God of Chaos and Death, Ma'au Guurit who is ready to bring about the 2012 apocalypse. Fortuneately, Ma'au Guurit is also the Mayan God of Musical Theater, and gives the StarKids a chance to save the world by putting on a concert.
—Jaime Lyn Beatty
Apocalytour provides examples of the following tropes:
- Big "NO!": When Joe finds out that he won't be able to get his Bubble-T gum from Japan anymore.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Ma'au Guurit materializes an audience. Lampshaded of course.Brian H: There used to be a fourth wall there.
- The Cast Showoff: Meredith and Brian R are both seen playing musical instruments during "Kick It Up A Notch".
- Human Sacrifice: Joey Richter
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Releasing the Mayan God of Chaos and Death from reading a ancient tablet.
- Tom the Dark Lord: Ma'au Guurit (Margaret) the Mayan God of Chaos and Death.