- Jumping Jack Flash.
"I was raaaised by a toothless bearded hag
"I was schooooled with a strap right 'cross my back!
"But it's aaaaall riiiiight now, in fact it's a gas!
"Yes it's aaaaall riiiiight...
"Jumping Jack Flash, it's a gas gas gas!"
- Basically the point of Amanda Palmer's "Oasis" (warning: NSFW).
"Oh, I've seen better days, but I don't care."
- "Float On" by Modest Mouse seems to be narrated by someone like this:
A fake Jamaican took every last dime with that scam
It was worth it just to learn some sleight of hand
Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands
Good news will work its way to all them plans
- Rain drops keep falling on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red...
- A certain song from Monty Python's Life of Brian, later reused for Spamalot:
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
- Doris Day claims she feels like one of these in the song "Everybody Loves A Lover." The perky arrangement really drives it home.
- The Shirelles cover even adds a Greek Chorus that's just as cheerful as the lead singer.
- The narrator of "Sweet Float Flats" seems to be this, given how cheerfully she sings about the horrible lives of the tenants in the titular apartment building. Of course, it's hard to tell if she actually is or not, because she's on a Mushroom Samba the entire song.