The Big Bang Theory / Season Six
Howard has a hard time dealing with being in space, but an even harder time coming back down to Earth. Raj begins working through his mutism, starting up a relationship with a timid girl named Lucy. Penny tells Leonard she loves him, starling them both. Leonard is selected to go on a research expedition directed by Stephen Hawking.
- Batman Gambit: Bernadette's plan for her and the girls to ditch work and go to Disneyland for princess makeovers. Turns out she knew Howard would like seeing her dressed as Cinderella.
- Crosses the Line Twice: In a goofy way. In "The Spoiler Alert Segmentation", Sheldon and Leonard get into an argument after the former spoils Dumbledore's death in the sixth Harry Potter book, which culminates in Leonard declaring that he's moving in with Penny as he storms out. Sheldon stops him, like he's about to apologize... Then blurts out that Dobby dies in the seventh book.
- Cut Short: In-Universe, the Syfy show Alphas, which leaves Sheldon dissatisfied with the lack of closure.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Howard is disappointed that there was little fanfare for going into space.
- Fetish Fuel: The Disney Princess costumes are this In-Universe. The three girls play hookey to go to Disneyland, and get a princess makeover. When Bernadette is back home, says she has a surprise for Howard, who says "Please be Cinderella". She shows up dressed as that character, and Howard rips his shirt off as they go have sex. When Penny tries to explain why she played hookey, Leonard just sees her dressed as Princess Aurora, and takes off his clothes. Of course Amy dressed as Snow White did nothing for Asexual Sheldon.
- Geeky Turn-On: Penny surprised herself at how attractive Leonard became when showing off his holograms.
- Then, he almost blows it by referring to Magneto when he shows her an electromagnet.
- Hypocritical Humor: While Amy and Bernadette talk to female students about how as women they are expected to just care about their looks rather than their minds, a Reveal Shot shows they are at Disneyland, having just gotten a princess makeover, and Amy is applying makeup. Penny gives them a dirty look.
- Mad Scientist: Referenced by Arthur Jefferies/Professor Proton (Bob Newhart) regarding Sheldon.
Arthur Jefferies: Is uh, is he dangerous?
Leonard: Actually he's a genius.
Sheldon: I am.
Arthur Jefferies: That uh, that doesn't answer my question.
- Master of the Mixed Message: Acknowledged by Penny in her relationship with Leonard, but she hated herself for doing so.
- Sexy Spectacles: Penny wears glasses to make herself look smarter, which turns on Leonard.
- Take That!: To Heroes. According to Sheldon, the quality decreased over time.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Leonard saved himself a break-up because of his. Subsequently parodied by Amy and Bernadette.
- Wham Line: Sheldon saying "It's a possibility" with regards to him and Amy becoming intimate threw Penny for a loop, clawing Leonard's arm afterwards.
- Penny telling Leonard that she loves him, which she had never done before and caught not only herself and Leonard, but the audience by surprise.
- In the finale when Raj tells Penny about his breakup and reveals that he's completely sober.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Raj finally gets a girlfriend, but she gets overwhelmed and has to break up with him.