The Bad Guy Wins: Fan Fic
- The Masks We Wear seem to be heading this way, though unlike in canon the Fire Nation doesn't seem to have any intention of actually burning the continent down.
- Lex Luthor grants Lois Lane an interview in Lex Luthor Triumphant 8 months after Superman vanished without a trace. We're told in 12 agonizing chapters how Superman is being dissected for science and profit, how his Fortress of Solitud is breached and seized, how Batman miscalculated Luthor's genius, how Wonder Woman and the JLA are duped into fatal scenarios and how, at the end, Lex Luthor ushers humanity into a golden age thanks to all the magic and science he took from the heroes.
- The Pony POV Series has the Alternate Universe "Epilogue", which shows what would have happened had Discord succeeded in defeating the Mane Six. To say that it's a Crapsack World would a vast understatement. It's explored in more detail during the Dark World Arc of Season 6.
- In Game Theory, although this isn't actually a bad thing, due to the nature of the story. Precia succeeds in reviving Alicia and dupes the TSAB into believing she is dead.
- Michio Yuki has succeeded in letting Ran Mouri find out Conan Edogawa's true identity: Shinichi Kudo in The Devil and the Detective.
Michio: You know, Shinichi. There are times the good guys win, but there are also times where the bad guys win. In this case, I win. The bad guy has won this round.
- Shinra High SOLDIER: Hojo kills Sephiroth's wife and son, effectively breaking his spirit, and continues undisturbed to inject him with more Jenova cells.
- Twilight Revised: Nightmare Moon imprisons Twilight in the sun alongside with Celestia, and it's implied that eventually her eternal night will kill everything back on the planet proper.
- "Character Championship Wrestling": In the Massive Multiplayer Crossover wrestling promotion, heels have won their fair share of rivalries. The biggest examples are Ben & Gwen Tennyson, who are The CCW Magnus Champion and CCW Female's Champion respectively. The former, after losing his Title to Autolycus, stole his Title Belt that night and then ran him over with his car the next week...all setting up for him to win it all back at the next Pay-Per-View. The latter traded The Female's Belt back and forth with Emmy, and then challenged her to an all in I Quit Match where if Emmy lost, her reigns would be erased and everything would be counted as one Gwen reign. Emmy would accept...and then get subsequently screwed by a random run-in from Zoe Payne and then get her face repeatedly curb-stomped into thumbtacks by Gwen. In a very solemn moment, Emmy uttered "I Quit", and Gwen, through all her terrible actions and bad attitude, was able to walk away with The Belt while a poor girl was sent to the hospital for three months. And to this day Gwen still has The Belt...
- The Axis Powers Hetalia fic Human Curiosity largely takes place about a hundred years after the villains win. The secretive HCS kidnapped most of the Nations, subjecting them over time in increasingly atrocious experiments. Many of the remaining Nations had given them up for dead.
- The Slender Man fic By the Fire's Light ends with the Slender Man taking control of the Earth.
- At the end of the first Yognapped, Project Ironskies has been stopped, but it essentially succeeded: thousands of innocent Minecraftians were killed, the capital cities of Icaria and Stoneholm were destroyed, the Skyhold fell, and all of the heroes save a couple of straggling Yogscasters were sent to an early grave. Even though its leader was killed, he won in spirit.
- In one of the most shocking twists in the entire story, The winner of Total Drama Stranded was none other than local Jerkass Calvin, though he was considered the better option when two of his fellow finalists were Keith and Chelsea.
- Cupcakes started a trend for "grimdark as fuck" My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfics where an innocuous character is made into a villain and slaughters some other characters with extreme prejudice. 99% of the time, this villain is successful and receives no retribution, also in the vein of Cupcakes.
- My Little Avengers; although Loki dies at the end, he notes that his death will release a wave of magical energy that will mutate every living thing in the world within a few generations, creating the world ruled by magic that he always wanted.