The Bad Guy Wins: Animated Film
- Megamind is completely based around this trope. The entire plot of the movie begins with our supervillain is fighting his superhero like always, but then he actually manages to win, and the hero dies. Nobody comes to save the town, the villain takes over, and everyone is sad, however the villain comes to wonder what to do next. The rest of the film is basically what might follow with the villain suddenly not having an arch rival.
- At the end of Cars, villain Chick Hicks wins the final race of the season. Subverted because Chick would never have won fairly; he had to run one of the racers off the road, totaling him, and McQueen deliberately lost the race to help said guy. Chick is booed off the stage for being a dirty cheater, and doesn't get the sponsorship contract that normally goes along with victory.
- In Despicable Me, the Villain Protagonist succeeds in stealing the moon. Then again, it soon returns to its proper place.
- Minions: Gru steals the crown in the end.
- Pinocchio averts this trope with Stromboli, Lampwick and Monstro, but plays it straight with "Honest" John Worthington Foulfellow, his sidekick Gideon, and the Coachman, who all win (though in the Coachman's case this is because nobody opposes him). In the Video Game however you actually fight the Coachman where he gets a Disney Villain Death.
- In The Boxtrolls, Snatcher does get a white hat, and he does taste cheese in the tasting room in the end. That tasted-cheese causes his allergy (along with the rest of his built-up allergic reaction) to do him in.