From the Comics
- The Downer Ending of Hiketeia.
- Odyssey has the altered universe's version of Dr. Psycho bemoaning the fact that when everything is put right, he'll be a monster—and one of her enemies—again.
- From Phil Jimenez's run, the death of Hippolyta during the Our Worlds At War Crisis Crossover. Sacrificing herself to save Diana, Greece and the Earth (pretty much in that order) was heartwrenching to watch, as was Diana finding Hippolyta just in time to see her take her last breaths.
- During the Comic Book/New52, Diana learns that her mother lied to her about her birth, that she's actually a child of Zeus and not made of clay. She angrily leaves Paradise Island.
- Hera then pays a visit to Hippolyta and angrily demands to know why Hippolyta slept with Zeus; Hippolyta acknowledges that she wronged her and asks for forgiveness. As she's about to strike Hippolyta with an axe, she lets it down, hugs her, and regretfully says "I wish I could."
- During this time, Diana comes to regret what she said to her mother and returns to Paradise Island; however, Hera has turned the Amazons into snakes and her mother into a clay statue.
Diana: Mother. I...I made a mistake. I reacted to what you did, instead of listening to why. And...I'm sorry. For what I said, for what I did. For hurting you. You deserve better. I'm your daughter. Your blood. It's something I always wished I was. And I am now. But...now's too late...Please forgive me. Please.
From the 2009 DTV Animated Film
- Both Alexa and Persephone's deaths have an element of tragedy to them. Though each for differing reasons.