Tearjerker: Super Junior
- Donghae's dad passed away from cancer shortly after Donghae debuted as a singer and before Donghae could even give him his first paycheck. Donghae was unaware of how serious his father's condition was at the time. He says his greatest wish is for his father to see him perform on stage and to sing for him just once The members have shed tears over the passing of his father as well.
- In general, everytime the interviewers ask Donghae about his father, the poor guy ends up crying. You want to either hug Donghae or smack the interviewer over the head.
- Let's remember Donghae's father's dream was to be a performer, so Donghae decided to follow that dream as his own, instead of becoming an athlete. Worst of all? His father passed away before Donghae's debut.
- Donghae still keeps his father's number in his phone. As if that wasn't heartbreaking enough, he still badly wants to call his father on his birthday every year and for every award Super Junior gets, especially upon seeing the other members call their respective parents. Damn.
- Donghae's 4th album message to his father.
- The first car accident, which got Heechul in critical condition. He ended up with his leg fractured in three parts, having to use an iron bar in his femur for many years.
- The infamous car accident in 2007 that almost killed Kyuhyun. All fans and the members were mortified when his diagnostic was revealed.
- Fortunately, and against all prognostics, Kyuhyun got to rehab six months later ready to perform again.
- On September 3rd 2014, girl group Ladies Code had a very tragic accident that originally led to the immediate death of one member EunB, the disfigurement of another member SoJung, minor injuries and psychological trauma to the leader Ashley and the maknae Zuny, and left member Rise in such horrible conditions similar to Kyuhyun's. Super Junior members attended the wake of Eun B and Heechul and Kyuhyun were both incredibly saddened, with Heechul revealing that he cried the moment he saw EunBi's photo and wishing that he hoped that he got to know her better, Kyuhyun more or less stating that this whole ordeal triggered his memories of the accident and revealing that he psychologically isn't over it and still suffers anxiety when entering a car, and both Heechul and Kyuhyun saying that Rise was going to be like Kyuhyun and wake up from her coma and go through rehab just like him and everything was going to be okay. Unfortunately, Rise later succumbed to her injuries four days later.
- Leeteuk's tweets tended to be sad and depressive around 2009. You either wanted to hug him or tell him to get over it.
- To be fair, He does suffer from depression, was getting a lot to deal with for being the leader especially from the netizens, the Hate Dumb and the producers.
- In an interview, Leeteuk revealed that he was absolutely frightened of and abused by his father. To see someone who was normally really goofy, get really serious and cry but try to smile while doing so was disturbing and heartbreaking
- In January of 2014, whilst fulfilling his military duties, his father and his grandparents passed away. To make things worse, SM Entertaiment released that they had died in a freak car accident, but Korean News stations revealed that they didn't—his father, who suffered from depression just like him, killed his parents and then hung himself. You don't know whether to blame the media for barging in or to blame SM for hiding it in the first place, causing Leeteuk and his family more pain when it was dragged out like that. And then to make things even worse, paparazzi and sasaengs were present at the funeral, which was supposed to be a private affair. To hear that crazy fans showed up just to get a peek or a bother out of Super Junior and to see papa pictures of his crying face is just too much.
- Kangin's departure from the group to fulfill his military service. Not only was this, but because of the circumstances of this: He just fucked up with a Bar Brawl and a DUI and had to be in hiatus indefinitely. It wasn't even a sure thing he would return as a part of the group after the scandals.
- Fortunately he returned more mature and wiser and went back to perform again with the group.
- Also Hankyung's separation from the group and his lawsuit with SM. Not only became a Base Breaker, but the other guys didn't take it well.
- Heechul's subsequent depression after Hankyung's departure. He locked himself in his room and spoke to no one other than his two cats and was the only one declaring, through his blog, how much he missed Hankyung.
- Siwon went to visit Hankyung to China and assure to him nobody is mad at him. Poor Hannie cried his heart out.
- When introducing "Shake It Up!", the last song with Hankyung's vocals, Donghae was clearly having a hard time. His choice of words made it even more obvious.
- Heechul's goodbye before also leaving for the army.
- Yesung's departure for his mandatory service was so quiet that he even avoided the fans stationed in the front of the base by going throug a service backdoor, fullfilling his own word of going to service as modest as possible.
- Days later, his brother Jongjin explained to the fans that Yesung wanted a no-media-attention for his enlisting because he felt bad for having to do desk jobs at the service instead of doing regular grunt work. For outsiders it's not a big deal, but he's aware that the korean media in general has very demanding standards for everything, so he wanted to ease the reactions. Yesung still was concerned for the well being of all the fans who waited for him even when he told everyone to not come.
Explorers of the Human Body
- Eunhyuk admitting he would be destroyed if the group got to disband. Counts as Harsher in Hindsight when we took events of late 2011, thought.
- Althought it was for the show's goal (get Ryeowook and Eunhyuk's tears), Kyuhyun's declaration of him feeling insecure about his health condition and failing to be useful to the group is very heartbreaking, especially if you consider all of this is true.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.