- Bright's realization of how bad off Colin is after he awakens from his coma
"I don't like it any more than you do, but he's not the guy we grew up with. If he was, I wouldn't still miss him."
- The montage of Colin's preparation for his final surgery is sad enough, but add this song playing over the scenes, and, well...
- The first season finale of Everwood is heartbreaking enough, but then they have to play one of the most tearjerking songs ever during a montage.
- The season 2 premiere, which brutally yanks the rug when halfway through it's revealed that Colin didn't survive the surgery that closed season 1.
- Reid attempting suicide in season 4.