Who knew an Abridged Series
could have its sad moments?
- Nappa remorses about killing his new pet on Planet Arya, it's Played for Laughs, but it's clear he's torn up about it.
- Guldo after being decapitated, he starts to ponder the meaning of his life then Vegeta throws another dog trick at him. It's hard not to feel sorry for him.
- Burter going into a Villainous BSOD after being reminded that even Guldo is technically faster than him, he opens up about his insincerities and just when Jeice cheers him up, Goku beats him.
- Freeza's beat-down of Vegeta.
Freeza: You see? It's just like I told you. Like a bitch.note
- And after Freeza kills him.
- This conversation just before Goku arrives and Freeza kills Vegeta out of spite.
: It seems our game
is over, Vegeta. Now that we're done here, it's time to send you crying home to mommy. Vegeta
: My mother's dead
: I know
- Goku's reaction to Vegeta's death:
Goku: C'mon, you deserve a proper burial.
Freeza: Ah, yes. A proper burial: an unmarked grave on an empty planet in the middle of Nowhere, Space. Honestly, I'd say it's too good for him.
Goku: I'll be sure to give Freezer one for you, best buddy. Goodbye.
- Which is followed by this.
- Just like in the source material, the Bad Future Trunks comes from. Especially Yamcha's fate. This fate is the above picture.
- Goku's reaction to Freeza killing Krillin. You can hear from the sound of his voice that Goku was trying to hold in his tears.
- Tien's reaction to Chaotzu's death. Great bit of acting from Ganxingba.
- Vegeta's treatment of Trunks in Episode 38 is quite sad to watch note :
Vegeta: I'm sorry but...I don't listen to bastards.
Trunks: Oh come on, we both know I'm your son.
Vegeta: And are you as disappointed as I am?
- Even later, when Vegeta sees "the real Androids" that Trunks warned them about...
Vegeta: Wow, you're just the Grand Central Station of disappointment, aren't you?
Trunks: <upset> How are these people friends with you!?
- Immediately lampshaded by Tien who essentially tells Trunks that they aren't "friends" in any sense of the word. They pretty much just embody the whole enemy of my enemy is my friend idea, which in no way states that they have to like each other. The Z Warriors and Vegeta are like Vitriolic Best Buds minus the best buds bit.
- Vegeta's abuse towards Future Trunks does not lighten up either, as the moment Future Trunks tells Vegeta that he's not as strong as Goku to his face, Vegeta snaps and winds his own son.
- Yamacha looking on while Goku is screaming in pain as he suffers from his bacon-induced heart attack, while the spoken dialogue is Played for Laughs you can tell he's real worried about him, probably the only one of the gang that Yamcha can consider a friend.
- The thought of having to just stand there watching your friend suffer due to an extremely painful condition, knowing full well there's not a damned thing you can do about it can evoke tears...