Tearjerker: Barney & Friends
For a series that's (in)famous for featuring a very cheerful dinosaur (along with three smaller cheerful dinosaurs) teaching children how to be polite and care for one another, the show has moments that make people tear up.
open/close all folders
The Whole Series
- For those who are not desensitized by the song, "I Love You" can be a tearjerker.
- Take straight from the Heartwarming Page. The song Someone to Love You Forever. Taken Up to Eleven in Barney Live in Concert: Birthday Bash, notably for one who watched the series as a kid.
- Here's the song in the CD album.
- The song It's Good To Be Home.
The Backyard Gang
- A Potful of Sunshine: Baby Bop finds a flower to raise. The next day, it dies in the autumn frost. Barney comforts her with a song called "When Tomorrow Comes," that shows saying goodbye to people and things that have died or otherwise gone away is part of growing. Barney and co. then help her feel better by simply telling her (in song) they'll always be by her side.
Barney's Great Adventure
- Cody refuses to believe in Barney or his magic and when they have a heart to heart talk, Barney seems almost sad that such a young kid is so skeptical. It suddenly becomes heartwarming when Cody admits Barney's a pretty cool dinosaur in the end
- From Sing and Dance With Barney:
Michael: We think you're a Super Dee Duper friend to all of us, too, Barney.
Linda: That's right!
Michael: From the oldest...
Linda: ...To the youngest!
All Present (except Barney): You can always count on us! It's especially a tearjerker when you realize how suddenly it seemed that they grew up.