* During his ''VideoGame/SpecOpsTheLine'' review, Yahtzee finds himself seriously thinking about what message this game sends. It must be seen to be believed, that he's honestly surprised by the game and the things it makes you do, and how it actually affected him. This is best shown in how he ''regrets'' using [[spoiler:white phosphorus after finding out it murdered civilians, including children, which he himself is no fan of]]. It was ''that'' disturbing, even to Yahtzee.
** His voice in the beginning perfectly sets the tone of the review- rather than launching himself into his usual loud, obnoxious rapid-fire wit, he sounds somber and even sad. And no, [[ToiletHumor the farting noises do not make us feel any better, Yahtzee.]]
-->'''Yahtzee:''' *[[OOCIsSeriousBusiness sigh]]* Do you remember when shooters were about killing demons from hell? Those were good days.
* His review of VideoGame/DukeNukemForever (For Real This Time) verges into this territory. You can just tell that when he expects a more mature kind of VideoGame/DukeNukem game, one where Duke is forced to learn that his actions have consequences, in a way growing up, that he was almost certainly grasping at straws, hoping that it would be good. For the rest of the review, though, he knowingly tried and failed to like the game, to find at least some small level of pleasure as he played it, while aware he was failing miserably at that and eventually admitting that he's "[[VideoGame/BioShock2 pushed games off subway platforms]] when they had less flaws than this!". Summed up in one sentence:
-->'''Yahtzee''': I guess I want it to be good 'cause that's how the story is supposed to end.
* He gets a small one at the end of his Silent Hill Downpour review where he admits that constantly comparing the new Silent Hill games to Silent Hill 2 gave him no satisfaction and actually made him a little depressed.
* His comparison of the ''[[Franchise/MetalGear Metal Gear]]'' franchise to [[Literature/OfMiceAndMen Lennie]] in his "Ground Zeroes" review. While he uses this to explain that he can't bring himself to hate it for its shortcomings and occasional screw-ups (since they are not done out of malice), [[spoiler:the comparison [[ForegoneConclusion ultimately gives away]] his thoughts on the game right off the bat]].
-->'''Yahtzee''': Did I ever tell you about the rabbits, Metal Gear?\\
'''Metal Gear''': [[spoiler:Are they down that shotgun barrel?]]\\
'''Yahtzee''': [[spoiler:[[MercyKill Why yes, Metal Gear. Have a closer look.]]]]
* From his Extra Punctuation article on VideoGame/MiddleEarthShadowOfMordor:
--> "The Warchief died at my hands, and one of his brainwashed bodyguards took his place. Not Khosh, though. Khosh lay dead, killed by one of the rogue captains, although he'd been able to reduce the guy's health enough that avenging his death was little more than a trivial moment of cleanup in the battle's aftermath. But I was genuinely sad. Khosh was dead, having sacrificed himself to keep a difficult opponent occupied so that I could concentrate on the main target. Was this truly the same orc who'd fled blubbering from a duel, moments before I'd taken him under my wing? He'd had a true arc with a heroic end, leaving aside that whole 'forcibly rewriting his free will' business... Talion doesn't get much more than the usual "NOW WE CONTINUE THE FIGHT FOREVERMORE" weak-ass conclusion to send him off with. But I couldn't have given less of a shit, because there was a new star in the sky that night. A little sweaty green one that drank too much."
* In his review of VideoGame/HellbladeSenuasSacrifice, he makes a passing remark about him having a mental disorder, complete with Yahtzee’s avatar taking anxiety medication. It doesn’t leave much to the imagination, getting straight to the point that our favourite MeanBrit has anxiety.
** He even mentions in an episode of Let’s Drown Out that he has attempted suicide in the past. [[TheWoobie Poor guy..]]